Sunday, February 20, 2011

Updates and such

I wonder if anyone even reads this since I post so infrequently. No matter.

Some random pregnancy-related feelings/thoughts:
  • I am SOO pregnant. I am way bigger than I was the first time and have yet to even take a belly pic. Annoying people ask if I'm sure I'm not having twins. I smile and laugh and pretend I think it's funny and that they'll have to roll me down the hallways pretty soon, or something dumb like that. No, I don't think it's funny.
  • I hope you will know, little baby boy who still lives inside me, that I think about you often. I don't have the luxury of documenting every bit of this pregnancy like I did the first time. Go ahead, blame your brother (just kidding).
  • Work is a mess. Pregnancy has made me tired. I have volunteered for things I shouldn't have volunteered for. I cannot follow through with commitments the way I like to. It is hard for the ego.
  • This baby MOVES. He is ALWAYS moving. He kicks here, there, spins around. It is nice to know he is doing ok! But seriously, little guy, don't have to jab the ribs and the bladder all at the same time, do you?
  • Sam seems to have named the baby. Sam is set on a name and Aaron and I can't yet think of one we like more. Is it bad to have your toddler name his own brother? Hmm.
  • I have a varicose vein. A varicose vein! Yuck!! Thank you pregnancy (and I can probably blame my lack of exercise). I hope it goes away after pregnancy, but we'll see. I guess people aren't staring at my upper inner thigh, but still...
  • I'm sure I won't escape stretch-mark free with this pregnancy, like I did the last one. But I have never worn a bikini in my life, so why start now?
  • Sam and I have gone to a pool twice so far this winter. Yes, I who fear swim suits, have practically bared it all with giant stomach and everything. Sam should know this is out of pure love for him. (But everyone is right: it does feel nice to have that weightlessness of water when you're this pregnant. I walked out of the pool and felt SO HEAVY.)
  • I'm about 30 weeks pregnant right now. Six weeks till baby is "to term". I still think this will be a May baby (May 1 due date) but it could be April. But I said that about Sam too. He was due July 2, arrived July 10.
  • I have more aches and pains this time around. Older? Hauling toddler around? Body's in worse shape? Bigger belly? I don't know. Maybe all of the above. My tailbone aches and has since pretty darn early on, but not constantly. This is called coccygea. I saw a physical therapist for it but at the time it wasn't acting up and everything was in alignment so no big deal. She gave me some exercises I fail to do regularly.
  • We really haven't started prepping for this guy to come. We still have some time though. But I don't yet know what it is we need to get and whatnot. I guess I ought to get some diapers... those usually are important, right?

And in Sam Land:

  • I can't believe what a kid he is.
  • He's 2.5 years old now.
  • He talks a lot, but is not always easy to understand.
  • He likes to be the boss.
  • If he doesn't get what he wants, he knows how to turn on a tantrum in an instant.
  • I'm still learning ways to deal with said tantrums. I am starting to try more and more to not let him boss me around when we play and stuff like that. Hopefully it will start to help. Having a baby brother will probably be good for him, but definitely hard.
  • Sam knows his right and left.
  • Sam is excited for his baby brother. He says he is is friend. He says "I like baby brother" and stuff like that. He likes to say hi to him and feel him move in my tummy.
  • A popular game these days is Big Bad Wolf. Sometimes T-Rex is the wolf. Sometimes Sam puts on a costume. A lot of building Lincoln Log houses and having him knock them down. And lots of hiding.
  • He will sometimes say stuff like "mom...mom...mom..." and I reply "sam...sam...sam?" and he says "Me like youuuuu!". And I say "well I love you too, Sam." "No, me LIKE you..."
So yeah. That's some stuff. Now to movie and ice cream...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I check every few days to see if there is new Liz news! :) Your posts are always so in depth and awesome that it is most definitely worth any wait! xo

Carol said...

I check often, one way to feel I am closer to you guys. Hard being a far away grandma.

michaelanne said...

Reading your blogs, Liz -- sometimes whole months at a time, when I check in. Always happy to hear what's going on. Your second pregnancy differences from your first sound like, well a second pregancy. Looking forward to the good news. Love, M-