Monday, October 25, 2010

Home Day

Sam has "Mom Days" and "Dad Days", or "Mom Day" and "D Day" as he says it. But I've thrown things off 'cause I'm home on a D Day. Feels good though. I was coming down with a cold and yesterday ended up working for three hours on work stuff anyway so I decided to take the morning off. Then went ahead and pushed on for the full day. I dunno, I just need a recovery or maybe it is all preventative. Anyway, I'm home and lazy and it feels good. Sam has settled into a nap, I have a Harry Potter movie on (prepping for the new movie out next month -- woohoo!) and fully intend to doze off on the couch. Pile of dishes be damned!

Things are good here. I think I am now officially 13 weeks pregnant so I can begin comfortably telling the world. Though I have been telling people when I see them since my belly is pretty much doing that anyway. So, hello world, I am pregnant! I am feeling much better. Nausea is rare, but not completely gone. I'm tired, but not so exhausted. I think I will feel more of a shift as I move into the second trimester then I did with my first pregnancy. I am still very eager for an ultrasound. Here they only do the one 20 week ultrasound unless medically necessary to do more. Oi. But I guess the weeks are flying by so 20 weeks will be here in no time. And at that point I'm half way through anyway. Boy oh boy!

So Sam went through a potty strike. Caused some strife but it only lasted a few days I guess. I guess once the novelty of using the potty wears off they just don't want to have to stop, pull down pants, and sit and go in the potty. But he's been a good sport of it the past day or two so I guess we're still there. He doesn't like to poop in the potty, but he makes such an obvious poop face and stance that we usually catch him in time for the big poops, though we have had plenty of accidents to clean up. You so look forward to the days of being free of diapers, but cleaning potties, dirty undies -- hard to say it's much better! But we do have a lot less waste and we are certainly moving in the right direction. And I only had one HUGE accident where I got soaked with urine, so that's a plus.

The whole family has been fighting off a little cold. Sam has a runny/crusty nose. Aaron had a bug for a few days but seems better. I'll probably be better tomorrow. This was our first time of all getting a little sick, lucky it was a super little cold and hardly anything to bring us down too much.

Let's see, what other random thoughts/updates... Well we'll have company for four weekends straight! Though two of the guests stayed with Meg and the other two with us so that breaks things up a bit. So nice to see everyone. Up next is a visit from Tom & Jeanette. We only see them about once a year so we're looking forward to that quite a bit. I think we'll be taking a road trip down to Texas in March though to see him and the Texas Nemecs. Should be nice.

I guess that's all I have to say right now. And if I don't get down too it I will miss my chance for nap.

No comments: