Monday, January 12, 2009

Six Months!

So I still cannot believe that our boy is 6 months old. Time goes by soooo fast once you become a parent. I mean, it of course felt as though it was going faster and faster as I aged anyway, but seriously, now that I have a child time appears to be the most mysterious speedy thing.

For Sam's 6-month birthday, we decided to try solids again. We went for banana now that his digestive track should be a little stronger. He loved it!! We will be incorporating solids on a daily basis now. Way to go Sam!! I can't wait to share all the yummy flavors of the world with you.

Grandpa E even got him a high chair so he can sit at the table like us big folk.


Sam can sit unassisted now! Ok, so he can't pull himself up to the sit, and he can't do it for long before he has interest in something to the side and reaches and tips over, BUT he can catch himself a little bit if he gets off-balance.

Sam also rolls over with ease and rolls over regularly from his back over his left shoulder to his tummy. He's gotten so comfortable doing that roll that he won't do any of the others. I haven't seen him roll tummy to back in weeks and he rarely rolls over his right shoulder. Funny guy.

He is really experimenting with his voice, and will just call out big throaty "aahhs" sometime when he's just playing and rolling around. Or when he's latched onto my head and is screaming in my ear.

Sam is awesome.

He goes to his 6 month well-baby check up this week. I'll post more then. I can't wait to see his measurements. I feel like a geek because I get so into it. But they grow so fast that sometimes it's hard to tell how much he has really grown and how much is in your head. He seems so much longer now. And of course he's a hefty round little guy :) errr...big guy.

Now I have to get ready to head to my first day of classes! Eeek!

No comments: